Music = Life

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Greet your enemy


ok tonight is christmas eve, I can't fight against getting all sentimental. Well I can.
Yesterday I was gaining my little space in the ficticious heaven we are told to believe in, I was giving away christmas cards, it was just an excuse to see my friends and to hug some people of course, well I was on wheels, I had the car for the afternoon, then somebody, this could only happen to me, crashed my car while it was parked and ran away like most people would.
To make things worse I have no car insurance so this means I have to pay the mechanic with my NEW YEAR PARTY FUND. So there it goes my trip to Trinidad.
Well the point here is that it is really interesting how we have turned to be irresponsible in all we do, I haven't yet met a person that is honest 100% of the time, values (although I do not want to accept it) are really being forgotten, like they were overrated.
And around this time of the year our lack of these fellows becomes more obvious, hipocrecy is in the air just like good wishes and the smell of fruitcake and panettone; it is ok to send a card to that annoying neighboor or even to that relative that never remembers your name, all out of courtesy, but I have seen a lot of sworn enemies shaking hands and greeting eachother just to pose in front of the cameras, this happening between politicians, bussines men and even mothers-daughters in law.
Why do we start acting like we are different around this days? I accept it now, we humans are totally imperfect and capable of the best and worst according to the moment, does christmas then bring out the best or the worst in us?
Changing a little bit the slightly antisceptic/antibiotic/bug-killing hand soap I want to use in each of these hipocrites' mouths before speaking to me, to a more nicely-faked thank you smile I have to say I am sinning too, I am just as bad as those who while hating others go and judas-kiss them. Aren't we all?
In the end it is our fault that society and goodmanners teach us to be polite at all times. I have found recently some people turning into really productive and nice society eople, it is interesting what the perspective of university does to people my age, some of us just plainly keep it cool and others freak out. A lot.
But i shall focus on the good feelings of people that actually care about this time of the year, yeah christmas can be nice, can be beautiful and hope-full and I wish I could just not think about this ugly parts of people, but once again, as positive as I want to be, there's always room for a little angry grinch-like fantasies of ruining and stealing christmas. JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT.
Am I going to go to my fake/invented/ficticious hell?

8 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

Welcome!
For you have been accepted into the I-hate-christmas-club!!
It was exactly a year ago i realized how stupid xmas was and how it is a hypocrite excuse to make more money. Gifts and cards are no longer received with gratitude, but expected... cards are stupid, xmas is stupid... not to mention the music irritates the crap out of me.
In any case, i am most sorry for your car and your misfortunes during the holidays. It sucks.
However, i wish the best of the luck for the year ahead.
yours truly.
V.
p.s. i agree with you on how no one is 100% honest, but if it helps you... just keep in mind that everyone measures others with their own ruler. peace!

3:04 AM, December 26, 2006  
Blogger Da! said...

I have a really long ruler... no one mesures up to it, kinda sad, though true

9:54 AM, December 28, 2006  
Blogger Val said...

It counts in negative numbers as well... see it this way, if i say "you're lying to me, because you looked up when you said it" it is because i look up when i lie... get my point?

8:21 PM, December 28, 2006  
Blogger Da! said...

wow yeah. perhaps this whole thing of mesuring people up and down is just plain useless

4:32 AM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

dont make me do another huelga!

7:12 PM, January 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:27 PM, January 30, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

dude! no post since xmas!!! it's february already!!!

2:59 PM, February 23, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

and by the way, you should put up the option so we have to put some letters before commenting, because you're getting spam dude =P

3:00 PM, February 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home