Music = Life

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Circles


So one day when I had nothing at all to do I decided to waste my time in this really cool web page that I was adviced to visit www.estoyencontacto.net well it's in spanish but man it's just so cool, it's all about philosophy and interesting stuff, like radio programs transmitted trough this awesome thing that is the comuter.
Ok let's cut to the chase, basically what I'm trying to talk about today is closing cycles, ending circles, it seems like all of our lives we spend our time and energy chasing things, situations, people, opportunities, and living our own just-like-everyone else's live's history.
It is really easy for us mortals (funny) to fall again and again at the same points, make the same mistakes, find ourselves in the same situations over and over again... like a neverending fall or disease.
I have a physics example for what I am saying, imagine you are driving a car really really fast, and you are going around circles, there is only so much velocity you can make your car go at before being shot out of the circle isn't it?
So, is there only so much you can do before actually breaking away from a circle? cycle? is there a limit to our stupidity? (notice that stupidity in English is softer than it's homologue in Spanish)
In the program that I heard they said something that got my attention, and it was something like: "before setting us free from a situation (bad situation) we are in and get into another (hoping a good one), it is IMPERATIVE for us to STOP going around the circle, cycle".
It is easy to say, "yeah, of course duh!" but how many times have I (let's use me as today's example shall we?) tried to get out of a troublesome situation just to fall in another (even worse) one?? how many times have i tried to convince myself that reggaetton is devil's music (I do like it ok??) just to go back to dancing it?? (man i am in such a good mood that is hard to keep track of what I'm trying to state, excusez-moi s'il vous plaƮt)
But the truth is that we are weak, we like our confort zones too bad to let go of them, we are usually so accostumed to some problems (some really serious) that we just dont care in the end about them, we are let's call it blindfolded by habits... which takes me to say that we are definately CREATURES OF HABIT. (notice I restrained myself from saying HOBBIT CREATURES)
Can we change in the end? Are we able as human beings to turn our lives around from one say to the other? Can we fool our costumes and habits? and if we do... are we still ourselves? everything is related I am realizing...
To break out of the cycles, circles, it takes a whole bunch of will and effort I know, but it is worthy... man I am writing like somebody died and I've been thinking about life too much...
Excuse once again my lack of impersonality these days, but man I need to find a logical explanation to so many questions....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its like when our feet in dance class were in deep pain... we pinched our ears. [it actually worked]. I too agree that human beings are slaves of the routine, for everything... but if we weren't, then we would be nomads =)

10:27 PM, November 26, 2006  
Blogger Da! said...

but aret we actually because of eence noads n the end? isnt it actually a mistake in evolution that we have created our so called societies? circles

6:33 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Val said...

Well i dont think its a mistake, human beings are social by nature, and have the need to settle down at some point, or so it is said

1:23 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Da! said...

deep dude, yeah we are social, once again i was thinking... out of the pot

4:40 PM, November 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, write new blog! its been forevers!=P

9:25 PM, December 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home