Music = Life

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Identity theft


Don't even get me strted on identity!
Who are we in the end...
According to the magnificent WIKIPEDIA (I owe them a couple of school asignements) : the identity relation is normally defined as the relation that is held only between a thing and itself. That is, identity is the two-place predicate. After a reflexive afternoon talking with a new philosopher (really I know a philosopher!) I came to the conclusion taht just as the relativity of reality there is a relativity of identities.

Let me put it this way, A is A only when A is identical to A, the same time, the same place, the same object, the same particle. This of course brings crazy ideas to my head, like i.e. ....let's take Einstein's relativity theory (the way I learnt it please because it is so much easier to understand) basically light travels in straight lines and when it hits something either it reflets, deflects or goes trough, if it reflects it creates an angle right, and that way the Hipotenuse is longer than either of it's sides (a series of triangles are formes, please help my train of thought here ok?) so while for a person on earth the light is traveling at a specific rate and not doing anything weird for a person let's say in a comet the reflecting light is covering more space in the same time than that of a straight ray of light, so how can a single event be ocurring at the same time in the smae place but in the end NOT being the same event? can a particle be in one place at one time and at the very same moment be somewhere else... I am not sure but I am risking my head by affriming this but I think that that's exactly what scientists call the quantum theory and something about Shrödinger's cat...
Don't get me confused and I won't get you confused, but in the end who are YOU that I am writing to?
If A = A if and only if A = A then is A = A (a couple years later)??, does time change the identity of a being? disregarding the existence of politics in my random speech (I have to make a funny comment right here... If all Bolivian presidents have messed up this country, is it safe for me to state Goni = Tuto? please do not make any remarks on my beloved "not being sarcastic, just in case" EVITO) can we affirm tat our identity is based on time an space more than it is so on ourselves?
Maybe once again I am lacking information to make a strong statement on the subject but after the disturbing talk that I had Sunday afternoon I have to have a fireplace where I can burn those unuseful ideas for life, and this blog ladies and gentlemen is just that-
I think I believe in Trans-World identity, meaning that I believe that there can be many other dimentions where A = A, even whe OUR A = THEIR A... but in this phrase... are WE acutally THEM? Is there really a conrete identity?
So before I get tangled up in my thought, please do me a huge favor and stop me from ever talking about things I don't know quite accuratley to put in words. And I am falling asleep as I do this.
Signed by me... whoever I am

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the reference to Einstein and the theory of relativity. kudos. One teacher somewhere in high school [i dont remember who] talked about the things we know and dont know about ourselves. he/she explained: there are things, known by us and unknown to others, there are things known by others and unknown to us, there are things known to us and unknown to others, and there are those things that are unknown to us and unknown to others. Your blog made me think of that... I thought it was a really cool blog, kudos kudos. Now that's something cool to write about =)

about the first one... i liked it as well... you really are a good writer, i think you should come to the US and be an english/physics major... i cant help but to think you're really a lot like my brother... scary thought rite there... anywho
peace!
kudos again

5:34 AM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger rz said...

Shut up Val, I'm awesome. I agree that Da should come to the states and be a Math/Physics/Literature major. Check out the UofO, I think you'd like it there.

Now, I hate to be mean, but...

You are confused about special relativity. Quantum mechanics does not play part in the "same phenomenon different time" thing. That's ok, though... I'd love to explain it to you sometime. Either that or read this book It is the best thing you can read about special relativity without studying it in very formal terms. I can send it to you if you want...

Now, onto the more interesting idea:
Special relativity doesn't really have that many strong implications to identity and such. Basically, it just defines what we mean by "time" properly and then turns out that things that are moving measure different "time". However, quantum mechanics does have all kinds of philosophical implications and very weird ones indeed. Physicists usually don't stop to philosophize about this because the path is so treacherous. You should try philosophizing about that!

8:41 AM, November 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]GgSPlEiw[/url] , tVFBncBhWs - http://iluubcb.com

1:37 AM, February 19, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home